Sunday (wine) School Exploring the world of wine, week by week
From the practiced expert to the (absolute) beginner, we're covering all the bases, and taking you on the journey with us!
Join Julie Minor, sommelier extraordinaire of Crusade, for Sunday School at The Carter Payne. Join us for wine classes from basic to Bordeaux, from wild to Willamette to whimsical! Wine aficionados of all confidence levels (especially beginners!) are invited out to taste, explore, and gain confidence in the world of wine.
Enrolling Now A Wine Primer
- February 25th – A Wine Primer :: Talking and Tasting — Bright? Full Bodied? Dry? Flabby? Tannic? What do people even mean? Get up to speed quickly with this approachable and fun introduction to wine. We’ll cover all the important wine words (and taste corresponding wines to match), plus cover the basics on how to taste, why there are no wrong answers, and learn the real way to get better quicker! If you’re an expert looking to brush up, if you’re just an expert drinker but want some knowledge to back up your habit, or if it’s your first time tasting wine (yes, really!), we promise there’s great info here for everybody! Get your tickets here!
- March 3rd – The World of Whites — Explore white wines from classic to contemporary from around the world. A guided experience exploring six wines will help you dial in your palette while learning geography our favorite way: by tasting! Get your tickets here!
- March 10th – Bye Week — No Class
- March 17th – The World of Reds — A guided experience through six red wines from across the world, featuring varietals expected and unexpected, to help you continue to build knowledge and confidence. Get your tickets here!
- March 25th – Pairing Day — Yes, we agree, drinking is fun, but for us, it really comes alive when wine is paired with food. The most magical pairings are those where the food makes the wine better, and the wine makes the food better. Learn some tactics to help make sure your next dinner party is one to remember! This class includes a guided tasting experience featuring four wines and an hors d’oeuvres flight with four small bites, intentionally paired to help explain the concepts of pairing. Get your tickets here!